Apply by 31st July 2022
Mitheridge Capital Management is a UK based alternative investment firm specialising in real estate. Mitheridge focuses on vital sectors including affordable housing to ensure its investments address society’s needs whilst generating long-term value for its investors. Through our significant collective experience and understanding of demographic trends, we are able to create innovative capital solutions that capture the opportunities presented by a changing world.
We are committed to having a positive impact on people and the environment. Our responsible investment strategy considers long-term resilience, climate change, environmental, social value and governance aspects throughout the investment’s life cycle and beyond. We have started the process of becoming a B-Corp company and have set up the Mitheridge Foundation, a charity to focus on homelessness, education and mental health.
The Principals of the firm have a mixture of entrepreneurial and institutional track records and extensive experience in building high-performing teams and successful businesses. Mitheridge combines institutional discipline with creativity and a problem-solving approach. Our Principals and team are supported by our Advisory Group, consisting of senior leaders from across the financial and real estate industries.
The firm has experienced substantial growth over the past few years, whilst implementing new investment strategies and we are now looking for an Investment Analyst graduate to join our team. The position is full-time and, whilst based in our London office, we fully support flexible/hybrid working.
- Underwrite: In-depth analysis for potential site acquisitions (pre-planning) and disposals once planning has been secured. This includes:
- Research: Thorough and detailed research of the rental comps, location, transport links, planning frameworks/applications, transaction comps/yields, etc.
- Financial modelling of the project: verifying revenue, build costs, operating costs, valuation, and taxation assumptions and running sensitivities.
- Investment Committee: preparation of submissions, and attendance to take minutes.
- Marketing: Preparation of marketing collateral, presentations, and reports to share with our equity and debt partners.
- Due Diligence: Provide support to the Investment Director to manage the due diligence and acquisition process; co-ordination of legal, financial, tax and technical due diligence; ensuring due diligence and acquisition timescales are met and costs are kept tightly under control.
- Debt Funding: Work with the Investment Director to secure debt funding. Project manage the legal process to completion of the facility documents.
- Cost Control: Ensuring tight control over development costs with the Development Team, ensuring the projects remain on budget.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree educated (Degrees in Finance, Real Estate or Economics preferred) or equivalent.
- Some work experience in a Real Estate or Banking useful but not essential.
- Strong thinker able to deliver clear, well-articulated, reports and analysis.
- Ability to work financial models and provide in-depth financial appraisals/sensitivities.
- Strong presentational skills and proficient in Excel.
- Motivated to work both as part of our team or as an individual self-starting contributor.
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working policy
- In-office gym with personal training gym sessions
- Cycle to work scheme
- Train ticket loans
- Private healthcare
- Life insurance
- Option for charitable giving via payroll service
- Matched giving to the Mitheridge Foundation
Mitheridge Capital Management is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send all CV’s with a max 250 word covering email to email@example.com